Organic gardening has become a growing trend, as more and more people are concerned about conserving the quality of their outdoor environment. But organic growing is a system, and is not just a matter of substituting natural materials for synthetics. Whether on the large scale of the market farmer or the small scale of the backyard gardener, the underlying principles of an organic system are to work within the boundaries of nature to grow healthy food and plants. The system starts with a focus on healthy soil, which supports healthy plants.
When plants are strong, they are naturally disease and pest resistant. Organica’s Plant Booster Plus creates a healthy environment for plant growth by inoculating the soil with a vast array of essential microbial species. These tiny powerhouses have the ability to improve the soil profile by improving soil-fertility, minimizing nutrient loss through leaching, improving the soil structure and increasing humus levels.
We carry one of the largest selections of ORGANIC fertilizers and insecticides for all your gardening needs. Stop by or just call for anything we can help you with.
Organic Gardening Tips:
- When buying plants for your landscape and garden, select the highest quality plants available.
- Check the PH of the soil to assure your fertilizers will work properly and your plants will grow to there potential
- The most important step in pest management is to maintain healthy soil. It produces healthy plants, which are better able to withstand disease and insect damage.
- Insect problems Spray infested stems, leaves, and buds with a insecticidal soap or tomato and vegetable spray
- Mulch your flower beds and trees with 2″ of organic material, it conserves water, adds humus and nutrients, and discourages weeds.
- Compost improves soil structure, texture, and aeration, and increases the soil’s water holding capacity. It also promotes soil fertility and stimulates healthy root development.
- Plant Booster Plus.